September 21 is World Gratitude Day.
We practice gratitude because it doesn’t always come naturally. As we practice gratitude we discover that it keeps hope alive and softens the frazzled edges that come from living in a fractured world. Here at Kahiniwalla, we have numerous reasons to practice gratitude each day:
- The kindness of the people of Bangladesh. They are our teachers when it comes to living generously and welcoming the stranger.
- The 12,000+ women across Bangladesh who work hard to create Pebble heirlooms. They sit side by side, yarn spilling across their laps as friendly banter spills from their hearts and community is knit together in love.
- The fantastic staff who run the Pebble Headquarters, who answer our questions, often putting in long hours to get a needed shipment out to sea for us.
- The hundreds of stores across the US that stock their shelves with Pebble products.
- The customers, new and old, who buy Pebble for the precious little ones in their lives.
Like an invisible web, we are all connected. Trade can be beautiful when we remember each other, give thanks, and let all we do be done in love.